Youth Leads UK is looking for an Interim Head of Programmes to work with us from September 2020 to January 2021 to help develop, manage and implement strategies for Youth Leads UK to maximise impact and reach across Greater Manchester.
The Coronavirus pandemic has hit young people the hardest in terms of job opportunities, disruption to their education and their chances of moving up in life. We’re here to help them.
This post holder will be a key member of the Executive team working across a portfolio of our inspiring projects and programmes that support young people to develop their skills, empower their potential and influence change. You will have budget and management responsibility for Youth Leads UK’s programmes and be responsible for maximising the amount of young people on our programmes.
We are looking for someone with excellent project and time management skills and someone with an understanding of the issues facing young people, and how these can be addressed through programme design and delivery.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Manage the design of programmes, including online delivery
- Oversee the recruitment of young people onto programmes
- Plan, promote and deliver training to young people
- Lead on the marketing and promotion of Youth Leads UK working with the CEO and media partners
- Manage two staff members working in the team
- Develop and maintain relationships with partners and customers
- Planning and writing reports for funders
- Providing effective line management to those who recruit and coordinate the work of volunteers
- Undertake any other duties as required and commensurate with the level of this post
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE POST
To deliver, according to the organisational business plan:
- A volunteer training programme
- Effective recruitment of volunteers
- The production of a high-quality youth led magazine
- Youth led social action projects
- A programme of Young Trustee and Young Governor promotion
One of the factors which makes Youth Leads UK’s approach different is our belief in the value of youth insights and input to guide our work. The post holder will be expected to understand youth involvement and be an advocate for youth involvement which will include a flexible approach to work including willingness to take on tasks outside the normal remit, to work irregular hours often evenings and weekends and this post will include travel within the UK, especially if deputing for the Chief Executive Officer.
To apply for this Head of Programmes role, please click here or email your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
Please note, we expect applicants to be able to start the role on 21 September 2020. Applications will close 1 September 2020 and interviews will be held in the second week of September 2020.