Youth Leads (formerly Xplode) is an award winning charity getting the voice of young people heard and acted upon. We run skills development programmes, publish Xplode Magazine and challenge decision makers. We believe in a country where youth leads.
We immerse young people into new and challenging environments enabling them to develop and learn new skills through:
- Industry Insight sessions led by employers
- Youth-led training sessions on life skills
- Work experience opportunities
We enable young people to develop through increased responsibility, opportunities and recognition. We do this through: youth-led projects, co-design and pathways to progress into senior roles.
- Quarterly Youth-Led Social Action projects
- Co-design of all of our activities
- Dedicated Trustee roles on our Board for young people
- Advertising staff roles to volunteers first
We help to influence decision making across society through elevated youth voice opportunities. We work tirelessly to improve perceptions of young people, challenge decision makers and board representation through:
- Youth focused consultations
- Publishing positive stories of young people
- Supporting young people to become Trustees and School Governors
- Taking part in the Greater Manchester Youth Combined Authority involving policy scrutiny, challenge and support to the Mayor of Greater Manchester.
Youth Leads UK is a working name of the registered charity, Xplode Magazine. The organisation is governed by an independent Board of Trustees. You can view the charity’s annual reports and financial information on the Charity Commission website.
Saeed Atcha MBE DL