Annual Report: We Are Not Without Hope
Young people have shown us that we are not without hope.
Youth Leads UK has published its Annual Report for the year ending March 2021. The report looks back on twelve months of incredible youth social action in a challenging environment created by the pandemic.
The report showcases the key achievements of the youth-led charity against its three key areas of work: skills enrichment, self-empowering potential and influencing change.
- Influencing and co-chairing the Mayor of Greater Manchester’s Young Person’s Guarantee
- 88 young people taking part in development sessions
- Distribution of 200 self-care packs to underprivileged young people who experience periods as part of the ‘Be Period Proud’ campaign
- Influencing the Government’s review of data protection legislation
- Supporting Big Change with their Trustee recruitment campaign
In her opening remarks, Chair of the Youth Leads UK Board of Trustees, Saimah Malji said:
“Young people are experts in identifying and solving societal issues and the past year has been no different – participants on our programmes have been developing themselves and their communities. Young people have risen magnificently to the challenges of the past year and we are proud of the part that we have helped young people play.”
You can read the report below, or download it here.