Become a Youth Advisor
We are recruiting new members to our Youth Advisory Board.
Young people under 30 make up almost 40% of our population, but, more often than not, they are less than 0.01% of members on decision-making boards across the country.
The Youth Advisory Board is Youth Leads UK’s dedicated group of young people who support us in guiding and delivering our strategic aims, ensuring we are youth-led and youth-informed at every level.
Members participate in discussion-based activities, designed with and supported by our Youth Engagement Team, to work together with the Trustees to move our charity forward.
Member’s responsibilities include:
- Sharing experiences and insight into issues faced by young people.
- Providing constructive feedback to the Board of Trustees on their strategies.
- Presenting ideas to the Youth Advisory Board and the Board of Trustees on what Youth Leads UK should be delivering.
- Helping to keep our alumni and supporters connected to Youth Leads UK.
- Promoting Youth Leads UK’s values.
These responsibilities are purposefully not too specific as we expect members to shape their roles and responsibilities. Individuals’ roles and responsibilities will become more defined as they become settled within the Board.
Youth Advisory Board members are all aged between 14 & 22 and offer their own unique perspectives and experiences, with the aim to ensure our board can represent a wide range of Greater Manchester’s diverse young people.
Ready to apply?
Your application will include the following:
- Supplying some basic information about you
- Answering the following three questions: What do you want us to know about you? What do you think are the three biggest challenges facing young people today? What made you want to apply to be a member of the Youth Advisory Board?
You can submit your answers with text, video or audio. To make sure we treat every applicant fairly, we will stop watching, reading or listening to answers at the specified timestamps listed in the form, so make sure you keep to time.
You can either upload files to this form or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you require any support with your application, please contact any of the following staff members:
- Recruitment starts – September 2023
- Shortlisting – Ongoing
- Group Interviews – November 2023
- Induction – November-December 2023
- First Board Meeting – December-January 2023*
*These dates may be subject to change.