Become a Young Trustee
APPLICATIONS HAVE NOW CLOSED. WE WILL BE IN TOUCH IN EARLY AUGUST.
We are recruiting up to three young trustees aged 16-25.
As a young trustee, you will play a crucial role in shaping the future of Youth Leads UK and ensuring our continued success in supporting and empowering young people. This is a unique opportunity for passionate and driven individuals like you to make a real difference in young people’s lives and contribute to our organisation’s strategic direction.
We are proud that our board is 100% youth-led and we know that our charity benefits from the lived experience of young people. By having people like you on our board, who have experience of the challenges that young people face, means we can make better decisions.
By joining our board, you’ll gain useful knowledge of the charity sector, expand your networks, boost your CV and develop a range of skills and knowledge at the highest level in our organisation.
Download the application pack here, or view it below.
Trustee Recruitment Pack – LR 2023
Ready to apply?
Your application will include the following:
- Supplying some basic information about you
- Uploading your CV
- Answering the following two questions: Why do you want to join Youth Leads UK (150 words)? What experience and expertise would you bring to the Board of Youth Leads UK (200 words)
- Submitting a diversity monitoring form
You can produce a video or audio response to the questions with a time limit of 5 minutes. You can either upload this to the form or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for applications is 11:59pm on Sunday 30 July, 2023.
- Recruitment starts – Early July 2023
- Shortlisting – Ongoing
- Interviews – Mid-August 2023 (either virtual or in-person)
- References – By 6 September 2023
- Induction – Early September to October 2023
- First Board Meeting – 16th September 2023